PDA

View Full Version : Wall Finishes Visibility

chrisr
2012-01-03, 12:40 PM
I am rendering a Building at various stages of construction and wish to show the block walls with no internal and external finishes on. Can these finishes be made not visible.

Mike Sealander
2012-01-03, 01:53 PM
I believe you can with Parts, on a wall-by-wall basis. You may be able to do it with a filter, which I know is possible for plan views, but I haven't tried it with a 3d view.

greg.mcdowell
2012-01-03, 05:37 PM
Parts should work though, unless I'm mistaken, once you enable Parts you can't go back and edit the Wall.

I'd recommend modeling multiple walls and placing the core on it's own workset to conrtol visibility. Join them together to get the linework to appear correct and rethink your doors/windows/etc. to allow for more control over placement in the multi-wall assembly.

Alex Page
2012-01-17, 08:34 PM
I'm with Greg. We always model any blockwork/concrete walls with the linings as separate walls (joined together so windows/doors work) for a couple of reasons:
1. To show "just" concrete work in 3d
2. To stop us having a whole lot of un-helpful wall types (ie: concrete blocked lined one side/ two sides/ insulated and lined one side/ two sides/ wrapping at ends/ no wrapping at ends/. - theres 8 already!)
3. More useful for structural engineer if working with a revit one (ie: they can just copy/monitor the concrete walls or whatever)