PDA

View Full Version : Realistic View Question

jessica.146534
2012-01-03, 08:13 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

I'm finally getting around to reading the new AUGI World and saw the article on rendering (very helpful!). My question is how to get bricks to show up in the Realistic View. I've set up a 3D camera view and have the wall material set as one of the default bricks but the wall just shows up as a flat, non-textured surface. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

cdatechguy
2012-01-03, 08:19 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

I'm finally getting around to reading the new AUGI World and saw the article on rendering (very helpful!). My question is how to get bricks to show up in the Realistic View. I've set up a 3D camera view and have the wall material set as one of the default bricks but the wall just shows up as a flat, non-textured surface. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

What kind of video card do you have? Sometimes that is your issue...but if other realistic materials show, check to see if your material/wall is facing the exterior...

jessica.146534
2012-01-03, 08:27 PM
Ah, video card. That's most likely the problem since the machine I'm working on barely meets the minimum Revit requirements (and I vaguely remember getting some sort of "unknown video card" warning when I installed 2012).

I'll just have to put a new computer on my office wish list :)

Thanks!