PDA

View Full Version : Demo and Reconstruct Wall in a Video

rob.lanius837222
2012-01-04, 06:31 PM
I have used Revit Architecture for a while and love the way it can give 3d renderings to show the client what type of product they will be purchasing throughout the construction phase of the project. I have been asked by the owner to physically show him why a wall on his project has failed - that being said, I am trying to put together a video of how the wall has failed. The sheathing in a typical wall has rotted due to water intrusion through a window not being properly flashed/sealed, and the lack of Tyvek material over the sheathing.

I want to show the wall that I have drawn up (typical brick wall on wood studs), and show the brick layer (exterior side of the wall) being removed to show the rotted OSB sheathing. After the I show the sheathing getting removed, I want the wall to just be down to studs on the outside. Once I show this, I want the sheathing, new moisture barrier, and new brick to go back on.

I have tried to do this, but cant seem to find a way to make it animated. So far I have just broke out the wall and "print screened" to show the different elements being absent, and then imported these images into a power point. I want to show the brick layer physically being taken away and showing the different pieces of OSB being removed. I have seen this type of animation done before in google sketch up, but was wondering if there is a way to do it in Revit Architecture 2012?

Let me know if you need any additional information, and thanks in advance for the help.

Rob

Revitaoist
2012-01-04, 07:25 PM
Use Windows Movie Maker. You could do this all with still renderings and transitions.