PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Revit link quality issue

wurschel
2012-01-04, 11:40 PM
Hello all,
I'm working on a rather large project, and to save memory and space in the component list have placed all of the furniture in a separate linked Revit file that only gets turned on when needed. We recently upgraded to 2012, and in perspective views none of the round surfaces in the linked file are visible in a hidden line view (though they still block the view of the model beyond). Round table tops also display as squares. At first I thought it was just a regeneration glitch, but the views print this way as well. Interestingly enough, if i go into the linked furniture model, the round columns in the architectural model display the same way, but the furniture looks OK. Anyone have any thoughts? This project has been upgraded every version from 9.1 through 2012, and displayed correctly in each. What's up with the new version?
I have attached a two pics of the problem if it helps, one from the 2011 model, and another from the upgraded model.

thanks much

ttiefenbach
2012-01-05, 12:08 PM
We had several issues with graphics in the first release of 2012, but with Update 1 installed and updated graphics drivers we work great now.

Check to make sure you're using the certified graphics driver for Revit 2012. This information can be found by going into the Revit 2012 Options dialog box, under the Graphics tab. If there is a warning at the top talking about the graphics card, then click the "Get information on supported hardware" link and find your certified graphics card driver.

adham
2012-01-05, 04:20 PM
verify current drivers, though most people don't use Autodesk certified equipment (whole other thread). disable hardware acceleration. also get all updates and check for any hotfixes from Autodesk website