PDA

View Full Version : 2-Storey Areas?

guitarchitect
2012-01-09, 05:04 PM
I'm working on an 8-storey condominium, and I'm generating a unit schedule. Each unit is a line-item (Unit #, type, size), and there is a schedule which provides me with a unit count of each type (studio, 1B, 2B, etc). Is there a way that I can generate a single unit from areas on two storeys? I have townhouses and penthouses which all need to show up on the schedule as a single item

damon.sidel
2012-01-09, 08:00 PM
How are you scheduling the unit count? With rooms or an area plan?

guitarchitect
2012-01-09, 09:00 PM
I'm using an area plan

greg.mcdowell
2012-01-09, 10:06 PM
Don't think so. You'll need to have the area in one floor or the other, not both.

I don't know how your plan is setup obviously but you might get lucky by turning off Itemize Every Instance and keeping the names between the two areas the same.

guitarchitect
2012-01-09, 11:29 PM
I've already tried that, unfortunately. It works fine for the area totals, but it throws off the unit counts and percentages... it counts it as two areas. Is there a way to omit identical units for the count in one schedule, but combine them for areas in another schedule? I suspect that if I had one floor of two-storey units i could just omit that floor from the count (but not the area schedule), but I will probably have two-storey units on one side of the corridor and one-storey units on the other in some situations.

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-01-10, 12:16 AM
See the attached.
I'm sure if I gave this a little more thought I could come up with a more elegant solution.
Basically, assign the LevelID parameter as a 1 for the lowest level and a 2 to the upper level of each two storey unit and the count should be correct.

guitarchitect
2012-01-10, 02:48 AM
See the attached.
I'm sure if I gave this a little more thought I could come up with a more elegant solution.
Basically, assign the LevelID parameter as a 1 for the lowest level and a 2 to the upper level of each two storey unit and the count should be correct.

thanks, that looks great! I will have to give it a try tomorrow. But out of curiosity, would it be able to sum up different kinds of units? My current count breaks out studio, one bedroom, 2 bedroom, townhouse and penthouse units based on a "Unit Type" parameter. Using this solution means I can't just use the typical "count" function but rather have to use a "sum" function - without making a schedule for each different unit type, how would that work?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-01-10, 02:54 AM
If you sort and group based on unit type (another parameter or using some naming convention) you should be able to get sub-totals by type.