PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Annotation That Needs Moveable Text

russell.eckstein
2012-01-10, 06:23 PM
I have an annotation object that is simply a triangle and a piece of text (label) below. I need to be able to move the label further away from the triangle as the need arises. I have been unsuccessful with trying to lock the label to a reference line or plane and adding a dimension parameter. I also can not add a dimension parameter to the label itself.

Any help on how to give my label mobility will be greatly appreciated.

Joshua Kohl
2012-01-11, 12:23 PM
Russell,

Create a seperate annotation family with just the label in it, place the label at the intersection of the reference planes. Nest this family with the label into the annotation family with the triangle. You will then be able to use a paramatized dimension between the ref plan in the family containing the triangle and the label family. Don't forget you will need to create a text parameter in the triangle family to link back to the text in the label family.

evan549822
2015-04-09, 07:50 PM
I know this an old thread but this is exactly what i need.

I'm lost on the "paramatized dimension between the ref plan" i dimension the label family to the reference plan but gave it a parameter, but i'm not able to move the text around freely in the project. In the instance parameters there is the parameter for the text and i can type in a number and the text will move but this is not a good solution.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-04-15, 06:37 AM
The closest you can get to a piece of text you just can grab and move is by loading it into a Line Based Detail Item family. That will give you a grip in one direction if you tie the text to the end of the line. I've seen families where there are grips in two directions, but I'm pretty sure that's only possible in a Title Block family.

gbrowne
2015-04-16, 12:40 PM
Rather than movable text, could you achieve what you require by using several visibility parameters and moving the text down by 5mm each time?