PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Predefined notes on titleblocks

Ddubya
2012-01-11, 05:44 PM
Hi,

Ive been stuggling for this for a little while now and although Im sure there is a simple solution it is eluding me at the moment.

What I want to create is a textbox in my titleblocks that displays what design criteria have been employed for that particular job. Essentialy there are half a dozen or so standards that many of our jobs have to adhere to and most of these standards have sub categories within them. I want people to be able to use a dropdown in the titleblock properties to specify which of these standards are being used and the relevant notes will appear in the titleblock.

I have achieved this in our autocad titleblocks by using dynamic blocks with different visibility states for each of the notes with a state relevant to each of the sub categories containing the relevant text notes.

In Revit I think what I want to do is have a lable where the text is defined by a parameter that can choose from a list of possible set values which are all text strings, preferably from a simple dropdown in the titleblocks properties. At the moment I have defined lable parameters for each of the possible notes but can only seem to choose which ones are displayed statically by editing the titleblock, there doesnt seem to be a way to select a group of these lable parameters and let people easily choose which one of that group is displayed from within the main project. Of course this is as far as I know please correct me if I am wrong and tell me what to do! I certainly dont want to have to have a seperate visibility checkbox for each note and make people have to turn on and off the relevant notes for each category manually.

Originally I thought it would it work to have a simple generic annotation family sitting in the title block with a family type for each note but once you load the titleblock into the project you cant change the type of the nested annotation family without taking the title block back into the family editor. Again, this is as far as I know, please correct me if Im wrong.

I am very keen to get this working as I have had a hard enough time getting the office to jump onto Revit as it is, and now that we are preparing to make the move I am gonna get some serious stick if I cant get it to do something as basic as this that we have been doing in autocad for years. So any help would be very gratefully received!

thanks!

Dave

breckbaird
2012-01-11, 05:59 PM
Originally I thought it would it work to have a simple generic annotation family sitting in the title block with a family type for each note

Dave, you are actually pretty close with this idea. When creating the titleblock family load all your annotation families and place only one of them, then add a Label to that one generic annotation. The "Type of Parameter" for the label will be "Family type: Generic Annotations" and it will let you choose from any of the generic annotation you have added to the titleblock family. No check boxes necessary (although I typcially add a check box to control the visibility of the generic annotation).

pfaudler
2012-01-11, 11:46 PM
I agree. I usually have Yes/No check boxes for each notes.
You can also control note blocks from Legend views.
R

Ddubya
2012-01-12, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the tips guys, will try now!