PDA

View Full Version : Plan view missing from browser

Mike Sealander
2012-01-12, 08:00 PM
We've got a generic model family and the Plan views aren't in the project browser. Under Views (all) we get 3d, Elevations and Sections. Anyone see this before? Any fix?

cliff collins
2012-01-12, 09:49 PM
Have not seen that before.......

Try creating a new GM Family (from the GM family template .rft file)
and copy/paste all your model geometry into it from the errant GM family.

cheers

Mike Sealander
2012-01-13, 01:59 AM
I've tried that before, but you don't get all the ref planes and parameters, so the geometry is just free-floating. I kicked this one to subscription support, so hopefully they have a magic wand they can wave. We've tried just about everything.

Alex Page
2012-01-13, 03:50 AM
can you upload it?

Mike Sealander
2012-01-13, 11:11 PM
Here it is. Subscription Help punted on this one. They can't believe it happened.

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-01-14, 12:15 AM
Weirdest thing I've ever seen Mike.
What's the history on this family. Was this working and then suddenly not working? Did this just 'happen'? Was the family created outside your office or downloaded in this condition? Is this some crazy copy/paste exercise gone wrong?

Alex Page
2012-01-14, 06:00 AM
I suspect somehow this used to be a group..........
I can replicate half of the problem as below:
modelled a family in-place in the project, then grouped it, then saved the group out of the project.
at this stage the file is a ".rvt"
Then open the .rvt file and delete the level.
Then manually change the extension to ".rfa"
Level gone!

The problem is I can then (with my test family) add a level again...maybe it's got a combination of other factors as well ( like its a really old file upgraded or something)?

Mike Sealander
2012-01-14, 07:36 PM
Someone in my office made this family from scratch using the OOTB Generic Family template. I'm not sure exactly when the plan view disappeared, but it happened while working in the .rfa.