PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Oh those custom Curtain Walls

rbcameron1
2012-01-13, 12:50 AM
Problem:
We like the curtain walls that Kawneer has up on their site...we download them, use them,,etc. but when it comes to making a custom version of lets say, a 1600 - 2.5" X 10.75" version, I found I can't edit ANYthing they give me to make it custom. (I'd like to know how they did that).
Objective:
I would like to be able to include the super fine detail of a section through a Kawneer 1600xx on Fine setting and just a blank rectangle on course and medium settings....for a CUSTOMIZED curtain mullion.
How do I go about doing that? Tried manipulating the profile and importing it back in with all the detail.

OR
How are other people dealing with curtain walls? on 1/8th Inch plans we want just a basic rectangle, but when we draw a 1"=1'-0" detail, we want all those intricate lines to show up. Also, I want them to show up EVERYWHERE I take a section. I do NOT want to have to "insert" a CAD block or a Revit family or detail component. Its 2012 people, my computer can handle it, this stuff should be automatic.

-rbcameron

ttiefenbach
2012-01-13, 09:46 AM
I know there are users out there doing what you're talking about, but I think Autodesk would agree that it would be over-modeling. If you place the detail into the mullion profile, that detail is in EVERY mullion, which can be a lot on larger projects, which I would assume you're doing if you're talking about the 1600 series.

My recommendation to all users is to only model to a wall section level of detail (~3/4"=1'-0"). Leave the detailing out of the model components and use detail components to draft details.

Spork
2012-06-19, 05:23 PM
You may have already resolved this issue, but it should work if you select the DC in your Profile family and go to visibility settings. Make sure Coarse is unchecked, and medium and fine are checked. As long as your 1/8th"=1'-0" plans are set to coarse you won't see the profile.