PDA

View Full Version : Revit and Autodesk Civil

MikeJarosz
2012-01-17, 10:12 PM
I am working with a consultant who is using Autodesk Civil, and we are using Revit 2011.

They provided a topo of our sprawling, rural site, which is several hundred acres. Loading it into Acad 2011, I get ID points in the 7 figures. I know Revit can't do that, so I linked it in and used "acquire coordinates". I want to check if we are in the right location. When I use "specify coordinates at a point" in Revit, I get metes and bounds. All I can get out of the Civil file are coords like 1,000,000.0000, 200,000.It's not possible (for me) to compare the two. The civil coords are probably offset from a datum point somewhere that I don't have. I linked it to Revit using Acad WCS and UCS. I got the same results with both.

How can I check that we are in the right place in Revit? I looked up the approximate site lat/long from Google. The Civil file includes an object called Geo Marker (new to me). It displays lat/long coords that Google tells me are in Canada!, which it's not.

I have no reason to distrust the Civil file. Revit triangulated the contours correctly, but I'm not sure we have acquired their coords correctly. Also, what happens in Revit when the site is over a mile long?

sbrown
2012-01-17, 10:15 PM
The biggest site I did in revit was 700acres, I needed to divide it with a grid to split the topo surface into workable segments