PDA

View Full Version : Material Texture is running the wrong way

raymondjdawson925863
2012-01-19, 03:28 PM
Can someone describe how to turn a texture direction on a surface? When I do renderings and I use something like a wood grain sometimes the wood grain is going the wrong direction. For instance on a door casing the wood grain is running crossways and not long ways.
Thanks

cliff collins
2012-01-19, 03:51 PM
Make sure the fill pattern is a Model Pattern--if it is a Drafting Pattern it will not appear in 3D views.

Then, using the Tab key, select a line in the fill pattern, and then rotate it.

For renderings, you can adjust the map orientation under Render Appearances in the Materials dialogue box.

cheers

LP Design
2012-04-26, 02:04 PM
What about a different texture orientation depending on where the material occurs? I am rendering a site with a series of angled sidewalks. I have applied a 5x5 concrete joint pattern as a render material, but half of the time it shows up as a diamond pattern because the material always follows the same direction.

I know that with a surface pattern you can allign, rotate, or otherwise modify the pattern by selecting the sub-lines on a particular object. Is there any way to do something similar with the actual render texture?

Thanks in advance.
-LP