PDA

View Full Version : line based component ends

cr_gixxer
2012-01-24, 10:04 PM
I'm working on some shadow band detailing, and I've created one that is line based, which seems the easiest, since the lengths of these vary a little bit throughout the building.

The issue is when I want it begin and end at a 45 degree. As you can see in the image, I can join geometry to clean up the top join, but how can I get the end to look right?

Is there a way to do this within the family?
I would hate to have to use linework to hide the end, and then sketch over some lines for the elevations to read properly....or another workaround?

Yman
2012-01-24, 11:36 PM
Here you go. I added a Bottom Angle and a Top Angle parameter. Use invisible lines and lock the end points to each reference plane. Then assign a parameter to the angle dimension and that will allow flexibility of the model to do what you want.

This should work for you. If you are really good you can set options up for different angles of roof pitches and then you set the value to that and done quickly.

I actually will do it for you so you can see, but here is this one for now.

Yman

cr_gixxer
2012-01-25, 12:21 AM
Thank you! That helps alot
I'm playing around with the angle right now...I seem to have a problem matching the roof pitch

Steve_Stafford
2012-01-25, 12:26 AM
Holy early adopter visits the forums again Batman!! Yman is ALIVE! :)

Yman
2012-01-25, 01:02 AM
I do check in from time to time, but rarely post these days. I am Alive! I got very busy over the last 3 years doing construction, since Architecture was a little slow (I'll admit it) which didn't leave much time to explore the AUGI group.

Nice to hear from you Steve. I will try and do more to help out.

Yman

Yman
2012-01-25, 01:16 AM
To answer "cr_gixxer" you have to just change the angle in the property box. Bottom angle or Top angle depending on how you draw the trim

Yman

Yman
2012-01-25, 01:26 AM
Here is the family with roof pitch values so you don't have to look up or remember them. They are in the property dialog box. Just place the angle value in the Bottom angle and apply. So you don't have to do that every time, just right click over on the trim you changed the angle on and then select create similar. It will remember the default properties (the angles) that are setup so you don't have to change them every time.

cr_gixxer
2012-01-25, 06:27 PM
Thanks so much Yman.