PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Revit Architecture

leonardallen
2012-01-25, 08:50 PM
I am brand new to Revit Architecture (using student version 2011) and to these forums, so please bear with me.

I have been working my way through the text Revit Architecture 2011 No Experience Required. I wanted to
share my project with a friend who is using Microstation v8. I have exported the file as a .dgn and as a .dwg for him to open in 3D, to no avail. I tried opening the.rvt file myself in Microstation v8 and it would only open in 2D. Needless to say, this doesn't do my drawing any justice, even as simple as it is.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Any help would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Leonard

Yman
2012-01-25, 09:44 PM
You have to export from a 3d view. Create a 3d view and then export the it out from there.

Yman

leonardallen
2012-01-26, 11:34 AM
Yman -

Thanks for your reply. I exported the drawing from a 3D view & opened it in a 3D view as you said and it
worked fine! However, for lack of a better term, the 3D view appears "segmented" in Microstation. Again, I'm not sure if this is somethng I'm doing wrong or if that's what happens during the "conversion".

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your reply and your time,

Leonard

greg.mcdowell
2012-01-26, 04:34 PM
you might try exporting with ASICS solids enabled - not sure it will give you a better result but it's what we do when exporting for SketchUP so it's a good guess