PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Material Keynote Idenfies incorrect wall face

Limbatus
2012-01-27, 01:27 AM
Hello,
I'm trying to prepare the material schedule for a revit project that I inherited about a month ago. I have established keynotes, and linked them into each respective material identity. it has worked relatively well. Unfortunately, i began keynoting some bathroom finishes, and revit is unable to identify the correct material face on some of my walls. it is listing the keynote of the wall face opposite the side i am selecting. i have tried setting the keynote a few ways, tabbing trough possible selections, selecting the desired model pattern etc. none of my efforts seem to work. how do i correct this problem?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-01-27, 06:51 AM
Is Revit just trying to tell you you have the wall placed with the orientation flipped inside to outside?

Limbatus
2012-01-27, 05:01 PM
Is Revit just trying to tell you you have the wall placed with the orientation flipped inside to outside?

I'm not sure, but both faces have important material faces that need keynoting. these situations are occurring in interior spaces. its hard to say which face is interior, and which is exterior, if thats what you're getting at.

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-01-27, 05:20 PM
If you select the wall in plan you'll see a double flip arrow at the mid point. The side this arrow resides on is the 'exterior' side as it is defined in the wall type. Look in the properties of the wall to see what material is defined on that layer of the wall.