PDA

View Full Version : Levels have disappeared

Chad Smith
2005-01-23, 10:53 PM
I have a project that I have started in r7.0, and it has come time to work on the elevations and sections.
But when I open any of these views, I have no level lines, not one.
The scope of my elevation and section markers in plan encompass the entire building, and the level visibilities are on.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or should this be forwarded onto Autodesk?

Merlin
2005-01-24, 12:08 AM
I have a project that I have started in r7.0, and it has come time to work on the elevations and sections.
But when I open any of these views, I have no level lines, not one.
The scope of my elevation and section markers in plan encompass the entire building, and the level visibilities are on.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or should this be forwarded onto Autodesk?

Hi Chad,

Have you checked that the scope box of the view is not to high?....i.e. I see that you've checked the scope boxes in the plan, but have you checked the scope box in the Elevation view?

John Mc

Chad Smith
2005-01-24, 12:17 AM
Have you checked that the scope box of the view is not to high?....i.e. I see that you've checked the scope boxes in the plan, but have you checked the scope box in the Elevation view?
Everything seems to be in order, and I can see all the objects that I have placed in the project in the elevation and section views.

I think it's time to send off to Autodesk.

Merlin
2005-01-24, 12:40 AM
.......I think it's time to send off to Autodesk.

...hmmm....sounds like it....The views seem OK, don't they.

funkman
2005-01-24, 06:59 AM
I wonder if it has something to do with these despised 3d levels?

Scott D Davis
2005-01-24, 07:07 AM
Turn on crop regions, pull crop regions way out into space....find level lines, drag back into the view area, reset crop regions.

Richard McCarthy
2005-01-24, 07:16 AM
I was just about to ask the same question..
Many levels seems to just disappeared to thin air.........

Chad Smith
2005-01-24, 09:01 PM
I wonder if it has something to do with these despised 3d levels?
I thought I had the 2D/3D concept down to a fine skill, and was wondering why everyone was having difficulty with them and why they hated them (I certainly didn't).
If it is related to the 2D/3D, then my opinion will change.

Turn on crop regions, pull crop regions way out into space....find level lines, drag back into the view area, reset crop regions.
One of the first things I tried, but I just can't find them.

Merlin
2005-01-24, 10:35 PM
NOW I remember!....Yes!!!!....What Scott said!.....I knew I had a similar problem ....trouble for me is I have so much "trial and error" fixing of problems, I can't remember what I did where!

funkman
2005-01-24, 11:06 PM
perchance - did you copy the elevation tag in plan view? I did this and 3d levels disappeared altogether for no reason. I also saw the scale had reset to 1:1 meaning no levels were shown. Indiscriminate. I had to re-copy the tag and reset the scale, zoom out and reset the default crop regions prior to applying the view template.

Chad Smith
2005-01-28, 12:47 AM
Got the issue solved. Apparently this is another know issue for 7.0 and my reseller gave the following work-around solution.

1. Create a Scope Box and adjust it so it encompasses the project
2. Draw a new level in any elevation or section view
3. Select the level, right-click and "Select All Instances"
4. Go to Properties of the selected levels (some are off screen)
5. Assign the selected levels to the Scope Box
6. The levels should appear on-screen

If you get an error after doing this like I did and not all your levels are displayed, try extending the scope box way out past the extents of your model.

I tried adding this the 'Known Issues & Work-Arounds' forum but have been denied permission. Could an administrator please fix this. I've been able to post to this forum in the past, but have now been denied. :x

(Edit by SD: Known Issues has been locked for some time, so that only the Moderators/Admin can post actual Factory-confirmed issues there.)

Wes Macaulay
2005-01-28, 05:11 PM
Thanks for bringing this up, Chad. Hasn't come up yet, but chances are it probably will :banghead:

sbrown
2005-01-28, 09:15 PM
That did it, it fixed all my problems, Thank you.

Chad Smith
2005-01-30, 09:16 PM
(Edit by SD: Known Issues has been locked for some time, so that only the Moderators/Admin can post actual Factory-confirmed issues there.)
This one has been confirmed by the factory, can you please add it to the correct forum.