PDA

View Full Version : Default Wall Creation

rtaube
2012-01-30, 05:01 PM
I'm trying to create my first wall in a new project and for some reason it defaults to a -20' Base Offset and a 0' Top Offset, with both the Base Constraint and Top Constraint set to Level one. Is there any way to change this default?

patricks
2012-01-31, 02:38 PM
I'm trying to create my first wall in a new project and for some reason it defaults to a -20' Base Offset and a 0' Top Offset, with both the Base Constraint and Top Constraint set to Level one. Is there any way to change this default?

Sounds like you're starting with a retaining or foundation wall. Check the wall's function in the Type Properties.

DaveP
2012-01-31, 07:14 PM
Walls (as well as many, many other elements) in Revit often default to whatever you did last. So your -20'-0" was probably the last t5hing that was drawn in the Template. Just go back into your Template and draw another Wall using the Offsets you'd like to have as defaults. Then delete the Wall and save the Template.

That's just one of the reasons I get so anal about our office Template, and don't let anyone else touch it.