PDA

View Full Version : How to export specific material layers in a wall

Kaarsholm
2012-02-02, 07:45 AM
Hey there,

Im sitting here with a projekt, where it would be great to be able to put a specific code on some specific materials. So we are able to export it to a calculation program and use the material parameters.

To give a quick example, i have this 400mm thick wall, with 200mm concrete and 200mm bricks. If i give this wall a code, a keynote or a custom parameter, im able to export it without any problems. But my wall will be shown as one wall in my calculation program, and that makes sense ofc.

But is it somehow possible to make a specific code for each layer of material? Lets say i wanna make one price for my bricks, and one price for the concrete. To do that i need to know the specific amount of concrete and so on with the bricks.

I know i would be able to find this exact amount, by making a schedule of the wall material, and then sort it by name and area or volume. But these values is kinda dead in a way, since i cant export them directly to my calculation program.

So what would be sweet would be a way to code the specific materials or layers in my walls, so i could export them as two diffrent elements, and make two diffrent prices. One for the concrete and one for the bricks.

So if anyone have any experience with this, it would be great to hear from you! If its not possible, it would be a great feature in the future!

Cheers,

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-02, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the forums Jens.
What makes you say that a material schedule can't be exported? Do you need the data in a format that Revit can't provide?