PDA

View Full Version : ATT and Stretch help

SRBalliet
2012-02-06, 06:35 PM
I've searched the Forum and not found what I was after. Part of the problem in a search is knowing what terms to look for and that may have been my problem if the info is here somewhere.

Anyway....my problem is my Attribute on the left moves a distance, exponentially from its anchor point when I slide the left items. I want it to stay with the group anchored to it's original spot above the arrow.

Second, how can I get the stretch to only slide in the plane it is drawn in and not of in another direction?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

sandrews.253556
2012-02-07, 01:50 PM
For your attributes that move too far, make sure you are only selecting the chained parameter to add to the stretch action selection set. If you add the parameter that includes the attribute and also the attribute itself, it moves exponentially, as you’ve found out.

In order to get the stretch to slide in a line, apply the stretch action to a linear parameter instead of a point parameter.

SRBalliet
2012-02-07, 02:41 PM
Thanks, I thought about it overnight and looked at it again this morning, did exactly what you said to do, came back to answer my own question and saw your post.

Thanks again for spelling it out to the others who might come across this thread.

P.S. I've added the fixed block