PDA

View Full Version : Using Pads and Topography for Sections...

luigi
2005-01-24, 06:29 PM
I hope Beegee agrees with my title today:lol:

I know there are other ways of doing a section, but I am trying to figure out a more efficient way of achieving the same goal.
I have an accurate topography, and I went through the trouble to make a pad, so in section the site would be cut out. The pad can be used in 3 main ways...
1. as a slab that cuts the ground,
2. as a real construction pad, (i.e. compacted soil, etc.)
3. as a dummy object that can be turned off in drawings, so that the topography is cut

Is there a way to use the automatic features of Revit to have the spread footing be cut out of the topography?

When I use the pad up to the exterior foundation wall, the section looks almost correct, but the exterior part of the spread footing is covered up with the fill pattern of the topographic's material. What have you guys done in this situation? (please don't tell me you just turn off the cut pattern of the topography and use a fill pattern only at the top corner...........;) )

SCShell
2005-01-25, 01:15 PM
Hi Luigi,

I remember running into this a while ago. I wish that I could remember what I did; however, I seem to remember making 2 pads that had depths to match each edge condition. One was to the edge of the stemwall and other was to the edge of the footing.
Good luck
Steve

luigi
2005-01-25, 01:41 PM
Thanks Steve, it sounds like it would work.....