PDA

View Full Version : How to scale / scale entire revit project?

mephasm
2012-02-11, 09:18 AM
Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I made a search on the net and couldn't see any threads on it. Well we have a problem like this. Someone in the office modeled the surrounding building and the site, while we were working on the building itself.

It seems that she made a mistake, that she left the system units as MM, while she was entering values as CM. So now a measurement of 10 m seems like 100 cm.

We have to scale this project 10 times to fix it. There are no options for this while linking the project.

Can you help in any directions please?

Thanks in advance.

Emre.

gurhan
2012-03-05, 02:51 PM
Hello,

I have been experiencing a similar problem with conceptual masses in Revit. I thought it would be better to post about it here, so we can ask for a better understanding on this issue.

When you model a conceptual mass in-place or in a mass-family, there doesn't seem to be a tool or method to scale it up or down. It is especially important when I'm working with non-standard forms that needs to be adjusted to its scale in-location.

I've made a quick search on the issue, but it doesn't seem to be adressed anywhere yet. Therefore, my best guest is that it is not possible to scale a mass object in Revit afterall, because of the way Revit 'thinks' and 'works'.

I would appreciate if anyone can contribute to this post, so we can have a better understanding of the way Revit thinks about mass objects.

Best,
Gurhan

gabecottam428011
2012-03-05, 03:43 PM
Revit will allow you to scale all your walls at once. But anything that was created with a "Sketch Mode" like floors and roofs would have to be scaled be editing that sketch mode. Also dimensions of families (like doors and windows) are defined in the family and wont' allow you to scale them. And scaling the wall they are hosted in will probably move them from their desired location.

Masses are similar since their size is controlled through that "sketch mode" like interface as well. You can't scale them all at once.