PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting depth clipping on stairs

vanderloo5
2012-02-13, 05:59 PM
Can someone tell me how to adjust the display of my stairs. As you can see in this 2nd level floor plan, the stairs are going down to the level below and I would like to adjust the cut plane so they don't display after about 1/2 way down. They currently go beneath an upper wall and are still displaying below that wall. I've done this before in a previous venison of revit but I can't seem to find the parameter setting here, (in 2011)
Thank You

damon.sidel
2012-02-13, 10:27 PM
Have you added a floor with an opening for the stair? Then you'd only see what is through the opening.

Exar Kun
2012-02-13, 10:55 PM
As mentioned above, you need to have a floor on your 2nd level. That will mask the stair where it disappears below the wall. However, there is no paramater or way to control the visibility of the depth of stairs. They will always show the base of the stair up to the current level.

idkdesign
2014-05-06, 02:05 PM
Same issue with the stair showing from below. I added a floor and the stair is still showing. Any other suggestions

PijPiwo
2014-05-07, 01:42 AM
Are you by any chance in wire frame view?
Is the floor category checked (visible) in VG?
Is your floor on the right level (check height offset from level) and below the cut plane?
Any floor transparency or visibility graphic overrides in your view, …by category, …by element, …by filter?

Craig_L
2014-05-07, 06:53 AM
The problem lies with the view depth. If the view depth encompasses the entirety of the stair, you will see all of it, also messing with your view depth in conjunction with the view clipping settings will give you the result of the stair being cut. Then under visibility graphics under the stairs category, if you turn off hidden lines, you will get a stair with a break line showing where the cut plane passes through it.