PDA

View Full Version : floor variable parameter

johnf.77896
2012-02-14, 07:25 PM
Hi, is there a way to adjust the size of floor variable parameter similar to the wall parameter when you have the ability to adjust the siding to go below or above the base of the wall independant of the core? I added a gravel function to my concrete floor and was hoping to be able to adjust how far from the edge of the slab it is.

thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-14, 07:29 PM
Nope.
The 'layers' of floors and walls can't be unlocked the way they can be in walls.
The only option I can think of for adding geometry (i.e. not just adjusting the cut profile on a view by view basis) would be to add a slab edge profile that would be of the same material as the layer you are trying to adjust

johnf.77896
2012-02-14, 07:40 PM
thanks dimitri, just took the gravel out and gave the pad a gravel material and that works.

thanks

patricks
2012-02-14, 08:19 PM
Do them as separate floors.

Or, if you have something like a concrete or CMU foundation wall, place the concrete floor slab and the wall material on the core layer of their respective elements. Place the gravel layer outside and below the core layer of the floor. Then when you join geometry the gravel layer should get cut out by the intersecting wall.