PDA

View Full Version : wall alignment

johnf.77896
2012-02-14, 07:44 PM
hello, I have a wood frame wall over a concrete wall and when i move the wood wall the concrete wall moves as well. The problem is I want the concrete wall to stay and only move the wood wall. I know there is a way to do it but after searching cant find it.

thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-14, 07:50 PM
When you select the wall you should see a 'disjoin' check box on the options bar. Check that box and the walls will 'unstick'

johnf.77896
2012-02-14, 07:56 PM
thanks again Dimitri, I dont see any check boxes. On the "task bar" it says modify | walls and activat dimensions. On the top ribbon is only has "mode" edit profile and reset profile and next to that is "modify wall" wall opening, attach top/base and detach top/ base.

patricks
2012-02-14, 08:14 PM
You have to start a Move operation to get the Disjoin option. Keep in mind that this option disjoins it from EVERYTHING, including any other walls that touch it. So you may have to go around trimming or dragging other walls back to the one you moved.

Also keep in mind that the Disjoin option stays checked on all future Move operations until you uncheck it. This caused me to go insane one day, beating my head against the desk because I got errors every time I moved something. :p

Another option (if you're simply moving the wall's orientation over the concrete wall but not moving it away completely) is to use the Align tool to align one datum within the wood frame wall to a datum in the concrete wall.

johnf.77896
2012-02-14, 08:17 PM
Thanks again for the info. didnt realize the disjoin wasnt active until the move was activated but it is now all slowly coming back. I ended up pinning the foundation wall and then i was able to move the stud wall and the dialog box came up asking if i wanted to unjoin. now i should remember this for a couple of hours.

thanks