PDA

View Full Version : Aligning Broken Section Levels

photography67836
2005-01-24, 10:16 PM
Hi all,

Is there reasonably efficient way to align the levels in a broken section view? I have a drawing sheet with three 3/4" scale wall sections and I need the levels of them to line up. Because they are dropped in from section views onto a drawing sheet, it seems like quite a chore. I can easily align one of the levels, but I'm not sure about the rest of them.

Also, can the crop regions for the broken sections be matched horizontally somehow?

One last thing, we need to have break marks showing at the breaks in the broken wall sections. I haven't yet found a way to drop a component on a sheet; it seems text is the only thing that works. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-24, 10:45 PM
Jason,

If all the views are the same scale and they have levels common to each other then they should 'snap' into alignment on their own. (the green alignment line) This should work vertically as well as horizontally.

Once they are aligned you can resize the crop region by selecting the 'size' button on the properties bar. Make then all the same size and they should show the same size

Drafting lines for break marks. Just make them fat enough to cover the crop region

Mr Spot
2005-01-24, 10:57 PM
If all Dimitri has suggested is the case and still isn't working, make sure all the sections are cut exactly parallel...

photography67836
2005-01-25, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the replies.

One crop region would be easy to align, however, I am working with split regions with several levels, in two wall sections side by side on a sheet. I can align one level no problem, but the other ones won't snap. It's cumbersome because I have to go to each section to modify them, or activate view. I can resize views then, but it's by "eye", and not accurate - which means I have to zoom in all the time to get it to look right. Any ideas on making this easier?

Here's an image to show what it looks like...

Wes Macaulay
2005-01-25, 04:32 AM
I dunno what everyone else has been doing, but I've been drawing horizontal detail lines on the sheets and then lining things up by eye...

luigi
2005-01-25, 10:27 AM
Wes, that's exactly what I've done in the past. I never told my boss that it was aproximately aligned (which is good enough for CD's) because he would have thrown a fit...:shock: