PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Topo being cut away deeper than pad depth

breckbaird
2012-02-15, 07:52 PM
The topography in my model is being cut 1' below the top of the pad, however I made a new pad and adjusted the depth to only 5". Is there another step I am missing to get the topo to be cut to 5" below the surface of the pad instead of the original 1'?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-15, 08:10 PM
The depth of the cut is controlled by a global site setting and has nothing to do with the location of your slab or pad. This value can be adjusted from the Massing and Site settings.
See the attached image.

breckbaird
2012-02-15, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the tip, but that is not what I am referring to. Take a look at the image attached with my original post, there is a 7” gap between the bottom of the lower 5” pad and the top of the topo beneath it.
Attached to this reply is a simplified example of the same issue.

cliff collins
2012-02-15, 09:29 PM
Can you give the Pad on Offset from the Level?

breckbaird
2012-02-15, 09:44 PM
Yes, the pad was offset -1'0" from level 1.

Although, I have found a way to fix the issue. Dimitri's suggestion got me thinking the problem might be with the toposurface instead of the pad, like I originally thought. So, I selected the topo and clicked on Edit Surface, immediately followed by Finish Surface (without making any edits) and low-and-behold the topo section seems to have magically corrected itself.

Also, I found that by creating a new pad with the 5" type the issue didn't happen at all. However, when I changed the new 5" pad back to a 12" pad the issue was reversed, i.e. the topo was cut inside the thickened pad. I guess this must be a bug in how toposurfaces and pads interact.

fjtdogeno
2012-02-16, 11:11 AM
Yes Cliff is correct. Duplicate your pad and give an offset to it. See the attached image.

cheers,