PDA

View Full Version : floor transparency

vanderloo5
2012-02-20, 10:06 PM
I created a floor on my second level so items below this floor would not be visible. It did an ok job of blocking out the last few stair risers below but all of the first floor walls are still visible.
I've chosen the hidden line visual style. The floor is a generic 12" filled.
I want the lower level walls that aren't directly beneath the 2nd floor to show for perspective. I can't select the walls and hide in view because some of them are only partially under the second floor and I want them to show. what am I missing?
Thank You

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-21, 04:38 AM
You've got me confused here. You first say you created the floor to hide the walls below but then you say you want the walls to show:?
You can have the walls on a different level displayed as an underlay or you can set your view range to include the walls below.
There are other options/approaches but until I'm sure I kno what you want...

vanderloo5
2012-02-21, 02:55 PM
Sorry for the confusion Dimitri.
Let me clarify. The upper level floor does not cover the entire lower level. I thought creating a floor, (slab) should hide the walls directly beneath the upper floor but still leave the rest of the lower level walls showing in the beyond, (grey), display range.
The stairs go down underneath the upper level and the floor I created blocks out the last few risers as it should.
Question is, why doesn't the floor slab block out the walls below?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-21, 03:11 PM
Now I get it.
Do your walls have their top level set to Level 2 (the upper level)? If so, have they been joined to the floor or attached to the underside of the floor? You might be seeing the line of the top edge of the wall.

vanderloo5
2012-02-21, 04:38 PM
All of the lower walls are unconnected. Sorry to keep re-iterating the same question but- shouldn't the slab floor block out anything below it anyway?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-21, 05:21 PM
Can you send a screen capture of the view and the view range settings

bbeck
2012-02-21, 05:22 PM
Underlay on?