PDA

View Full Version : Show window tag, without window on plan?

c.herd556236
2012-02-21, 11:29 PM
Any ideas?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-22, 01:07 AM
Any ideas?

Any question? ;)
Can you be a little more specific? Do you want to turn the windows off but still see tags; is the window above the cut plane (clerestory) and you still want to tag it...

c.herd556236
2012-02-22, 01:24 AM
Hey Dimitri,

Yeah you got it. I'm doing structural plans and want to show the tag and not the window.

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-22, 05:27 PM
You can't tag an element that is not visible in a view so just turning off windows is not an option.
You can modify the window families so the linework/geometry are not visible unless the view is set to 'fine' level of detail, then set your view (or the window category) to a coarse or medium level.
You override the linework in the view so all the windows show as white lines (not a great options since the white may mess up other lines in your walls).
You could just halftone the window category so the windows don't appear as prominently.
Are these your windows or another consultants in a linked model?
May I ask why you don't want the windows showing but you need to tag them?

Revitaoist
2012-02-22, 05:44 PM
Sometimes you've just got to bite the non-BIM bullet: Make an annotation symbol that looks just like your window tag. Problem solved in 3 minuites.

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-22, 05:52 PM
True enough but the reason I asked why is that I assumed that the size, type, location etc of the window was important from a structural standpoint e.g. lintel size based on window opening width. The disadvantage of the annotation symbol approach is that manual coordination is required.

c.herd556236
2012-02-23, 04:12 PM
Some times when you think its an easy question is isn't and I should of added an image. But all the questions really help everyone think and provide better results for future questions by others....

I have attached an 2 images for better clairification.

1. yes I would like to show the tag as I, w/ no addition work, duplicate the schedule (which I set it up a little differently from the architectural one) and now able to link the openings to this schedle for the Wind Load Pressures on the structurral sheets. (Thx to Acad Arch 2009)

2. Right now, I have a Filled Region on my openings (to save time right now, as I do not have a Parametric Lintel yet, and would love to schedule them one day) but for now I'm still learning just to get 1 project out. You will see I turned on my windows and they do Hide under the filled region but still no tag.

[note the revit image w/ the tag for L-25 is line work and text. What a slow down from be able to tag something]

For "schedule" Thread also see: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=137370