PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Possible to use user keynotes for parts?

flutietutti
2012-02-23, 07:45 PM
I'd really like to keynote or tag wall parts with the Parts visibility set to show parts in 2012. Has anyone found a way to do this other than using a generic non-hosted annotation?

cliff collins
2012-02-23, 07:56 PM
Go to a 3D isometric ( not a camera) view, and then "Lock" it --tool at bottom of screen.

You can now use Material Keynotes to annotate the Parts.

The other Keynote types do not work, as far as I know.

cheers

flutietutti
2012-02-23, 09:01 PM
Thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately, that still doesn't seem to work with show parts instead of show original. I really need to to tag them in plan versus a 3D view anyway. We need to have show parts on because it is a remodel and we are only demolishing the exterior finish. I can tag the walls with a user keynote when I have show original or show both on, but for the graphics that we'd like to show in plan I need show parts. I'd just rather not use a generic dumb tag.

Stephanie Pile
Poss Architecture + Planning
Aspen, CO

Overconstrained
2012-02-23, 09:57 PM
I've just done this with a material keynote so it is possible. Are you sure you've got the view set to "show parts"?

Edit: Both "Material Keynote" and "Material Tag" work for tagging parts. Other keynote types only recognise the assembly as a whole.

flutietutti
2012-02-23, 10:08 PM
Thank you! I got it to work! I thought I had tried this earlier today, but apparently not.

Stephanie Pile
Poss Architecture + Planning
Aspen, CO

Isaacarus
2012-02-24, 09:15 PM
There is also a "Parts" tag you could try.