PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Rope Climbing Wall??

lsmith37133330
2012-02-24, 04:08 AM
Hi all,

I am SCAD MFA student in interior design who is designing a Boys and Girls Club this quarter. I am hoping to incorporate a rope climbing wall into my Revit project and would like to find the best and most effective way to model and render this feature into the project. Please see the inspiration photo below. Looking forward to our feedback.

Best,
Lauren

damon.sidel
2012-02-24, 02:09 PM
I'm sure you COULD do this in Revit, but unless Revit is a requirement, I'd recommend against it. From the image, I'd say it would be easiest in Rhino: a bunch of swept 3D curves would be a snap. Better yet, you could script it or use the Grasshopper plugin. Once you've modeled it in Rhino, you can easily bring it into a family and then load it into your project. If you are interested in learning more about Rhino and perhaps getting into scripting, I'd be happy to help. Just let me know.

graphite
2012-02-24, 04:23 PM
I second that. Use rhino, it is much more flexible in terms of modeling. Teach it to yourself. If you know the basics of revit, rhino is a piece of cake. You just need to get used to the interface and the "dumb modeling' aspect of the 3d geometry.

Revitaoist
2012-02-24, 04:57 PM
I'll third that, that is definitely not BIM