PDA

View Full Version : Toggle on and off elevations

raymondjdawson925863
2012-02-24, 10:44 PM
I am trying to manage options on my Revit plans. I want to be able to connect 3 different front elevations to a single floor plan. If possible I want to then be able to toggle on and off which elevation to use that. Is it possible to do this in Revit?
Thanks

formology
2012-02-25, 03:02 PM
Do you mean that you would like to see 3 different layouts of your windows and doors etc, in the front elevation but have the same floor plan with no changes in the window/door locations based on which option is currently visible in the view?

Option visiblity can be "toggled" (more of a selection) in the Visibility Graphics dialog for the view. You will find a tab called Design Options where you may select which option is currently displayed in the view.

If I've understood the scenario correctly, you want 4 options for the front wall. Your primary option should be your "floor plan configuration" and then the other 3 options should be your front elevation options (unless one of them is identical to the floor plan config). That should give you the look you want and the toggle. (toggle in elevation views, leave it set to primary option in the plan view)

If I haven't quite understood the question, please let me know and we'll see if somone can help.

Best Wishes,
-Zach