PDA

View Full Version : linking totals of schedules to a tag in plan

Philipp Kühne
2012-02-27, 11:14 PM
Hi,

I am in the midst of doing Sale plans for an appartement block. So I am doing a vendor plan for each one with a nice little schedule coming directly from the plans.

Now, on the general plans I 've got to show a tag for each appartement with the appt number and its total area. So I was wondering whether it was not possible to make the link to the surface totals of my schedule ??? so it would be automatically updated etc.

Thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-27, 11:37 PM
If you are asking of the sum of individual room areas can be used in a tag the answer is no. What I have done in the past is used Area Plans and area tags for the overall unit area and rooms and room tags for the individual rooms. This gives you the added flexibility of placing unit boundaries wherever you want them to be rather than relying solely on wall locations.

apetitde
2012-03-07, 10:14 AM
There is a workaround I've been thinking of for a while.
Why not create a schedule without detail, filtered by flat number?
It would look this way (see image).
Of course, it's a schedule, not a tag, so you have to place it on a sheet, but it may fit well for sale plans

LP Design
2012-03-08, 07:38 PM
Here is another potential workaround, but it may be too messy depending on how many units you have. Make a schedule that is sorted by apartment # and gives totals for room area. Then make a second schedule that is sorted by appt. # that does NOT itemize all instances. In the second schedule include a "unit total area" parameter that will be read by a tag in the floor plan.

Now you just have to make sure that the total area parameter in the second schedule matches the calculated totals in the first (using side-by-side) comparison. Obviously this isn't a true BIM solution since it has to be updated manually, but it will mean that any room you tag within a certain unit will show the same total area value. So if Unit #6 is 1,250s.f. your tag will read 1250 weather you are tagging the living room, bathroom, whatever.

Hope this helps.
-LP

Philipp Kühne
2012-03-12, 08:51 PM
hi chaps

thanks for all the help, but for the moment the easiest and cleanest for me seems to be still doing it manually. I created a door tag which has as a shared parameter the total surface of the appartement. Unfortunately - not very BIM - this would have had to be added manually, but at least the tag is linked to the entry door of each appartement.