PDA

View Full Version : Doortroubles - Stretch and rotate

mark699736
2012-03-02, 08:02 AM
I'm trying to create a dynamic block of a double door, strechting from the centre to a variable size (dagmaat). This size will always be the first variable to be set.

I want to be able to set both doors to a open or closed state independently, which works the way I set it up now (20 degree angle)

however, once I stretch the (dagmaat) to (for instance) 3000, the rotate-part of the 'loopdeur' will go all wonky.

anyone know if what I want is possible at all and/or what I'm doing wrong?

Norton_cad
2012-03-02, 10:45 AM
When creating the the crossing window selection of the enities you acidentally selected the already defined rotation perameter, allong with the reveal of the door set. When re-defining make sure you deselect any other perameters, that way your stretch will only affect the linework. Keyboard shortcut R = remove ie deselect,

mark699736
2012-03-02, 11:02 AM
The rotation parameter needs to move with the hinges (and therefore the stretch) as well, otherwise it will end up halfway the door and makes the endresult even stranger.

Norton_cad
2012-03-02, 11:37 AM
Well create a fixed distance/scaled perameter for the rotation before defining the stretch; or use the pin box when defining the perameter.

clshade
2012-03-02, 01:12 PM
Remove the Rotate from the Stretch Action
Use a Move Action tied to the relative Stretch Parameter (door width) to move the Rotate Parameter.

New problem: The slab will rotate to 20deg as you wish when the width is 3000 but as this DynBlk is built the slab is no longer 20deg because of the way it is stretched. When you move the slab back to 0deg it will close past the door because of this.
The slab needs to fully move with the Stretch Action in order to keep the degrees relevant.
You may need to look at how you are adding Stretch Actions and abandon PLINES in order to make this work.
I'm not sure you have quite enough Actions on this door.

mark699736
2012-03-05, 08:01 AM
Thanks! That works exactly as I intended it. Never even thought about using the move-parameter.