PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Symbols in Schedules

RPU_eric
2012-03-02, 07:17 PM
So I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but does anyone know a workaround for getting graphical symbols to display in a schedule? I've attached an image of the end result I'm trying to achieve by scheduling my sheet notes. Right now I have to manually place the hexagon symbol over the scheduled text note. Does anyone know a way to have the schedule bring in the family so that the actual sheet note populates in the schedule and not just the text number? I've read other postings for older versions of Revit where no one knew any way to do this. I was hoping that maybe with the new release of Revit 2012 there may be a way to do this now.

Thank for the input

cliff collins
2012-03-02, 07:55 PM
Keynotes.

Do a search on them, and perhaps Note Blocks as well.

You can use Keynote to do what you are trying to accomplish.

You do not use a "Schedule". You set up Keynotes, and place a Keynote Legend on your Sheets.

RPU_eric
2012-03-02, 08:13 PM
Keynotes.

Do a search on them, and perhaps Note Blocks as well.

You can use Keynote to do what you are trying to accomplish.

You do not use a "Schedule". You set up Keynotes, and place a Keynote Legend on your Sheets.

Thanks Cliff, I do understand that Revit has the built in Keynote option, however I am creating structural plans in which for wood buildings we often callout straps with lengths that vary along with other notes which I cannot simply build into the family to have Revit automatically populate the tag. I have created a custom annotation family (with the hex head) which has the sheet note built into it. I am trying to use a new "Note Block" schedule to generate my sheet note schedule. Perhaps I should have explained this part up front.

cliff collins
2012-03-02, 08:33 PM
Thanks for explaining. I see what you mean.

You an still use Keynotes. There are "User" keynotes for the "oddball" situations where OOTB Keynotes
don't suffice.

You can edit the families and use Identity Data to associate the Keynote, Assembly Code, Description, etc.
This way you have "intelligent metadata" instead of text or "dumb" notes.

Just my 2 c worth.