PDA

View Full Version : split faces or anothre solution

oLDsCHOOL
2012-03-05, 02:32 AM
I would like to paint this canopy red and white (alternating colors every 1'). I was thinking I could create a sweep and then use the split face tool and then paint. I have not been able to split the curved face of the canopy.I have also not been able to paint the sufaces that I was able to split. I am looking for any help that would get me going in the right direction.

Cheers!

See attachment

Mike Sealander
2012-03-05, 01:52 PM
Are you going to be rendering this canopy? In which case, I would apply a striped material to it. There are some striped canvas materials in Revit, but you could make one of your own.

oLDsCHOOL
2012-03-05, 02:49 PM
As of right now I was just using shade and rendering is not required. I have never fully rendered a project yet, but this one is simple enough that it would probably be a good first one to start with. Can Revit split the surface of the rounded portion of the sweep? For some reason I have not been able to grab it as to initiate the split surface edit mode. As far as making a striped material, that would be fine too. Could you shed some light on making a striped material, red and White stripes with a stripe thickness of 1'.

oLDsCHOOL
2012-03-05, 02:54 PM
Mike, I guess you would you make your material in photoshop first (2"x2" jpeg) and then drop it into the revit materials pallet?