PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Assembly Partition

SciMind
2012-03-07, 10:15 AM
I am trying to create a partition wall with gypsum board at a height of 1200mm with a glass on top in Revit. See attached image. The question is how can I do that on revit ?(I have tried stack walls but can't add mullions, I tried as will to play with basic walls modifying the vertical structural, but again don't have enough control on the thickness of each wall element)

Help please.

cliff collins
2012-03-07, 01:51 PM
Use a wall for the gyp. portion, and a storefront/curtainwall for the top glass.

Give the storefront an base offset above the Level to set the bottom at the top of the gyp. wall.

Unfortunately, you cannot use a storefront/curtainwall in a Stacked Wall. I think this is on the Wishlist.

sbrown
2012-03-07, 08:30 PM
Or you can do it all as a curtain wall, then replace the bottom panels with wall panels(you can use any wall within a curtain wall. Just tab, select the panel, then pull down the type properties, you'll see you can swap the glass panel with any wall type.

LP Design
2012-03-27, 06:57 PM
Depending on how much detail you need and what exactly you are using it for, I would start with a systems furniture manufacturer and go from there. Here is a manufacturer I have used in the past with pretty good Revit families:
http://revit.steelcase.com/Steelcase/Workspace%20Solutions/

-LP