PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2012 "point element"; draw panel

syngen smythe
2012-03-07, 01:56 PM
In my Revit user's guide, it refers to a "point element". Cut and pasted from that guide:

Click Home tab-Draw panel- (Point Element).

I do not have a "draw panel", or a "point element" that I can find on any panel anywhere. Can someone help me out here? Is there some add-on I need to install?

Thanks in advance.

Alfredo Medina
2012-03-07, 02:32 PM
It all depends which article you are reading. You don't provide any other context information. If the article is about a conceptual mass family, there is a Point tool at Home > Draw panel.

syngen smythe
2012-03-07, 03:09 PM
It all depends which article you are reading. You don't provide any other context information. If the article is about a conceptual mass family, there is a Point tool at Home > Draw panel.
I am working in floor plan view, and want to place points to be able to later export coordinates for use in staking in the field. here is a more complete cut and paste:

Free Points
Unlike driving points and hosted points, free points are reference points that are placed on a work plane. Free points display 3D controls when selected, are moveable anywhere within the 3D work space, and maintain their reference to the plane on which they are placed.
To place points on a work plane

Open a 3D view to work in if you are drawing in the Z axis; otherwise, open a floor plan view.
If you are working in a 3D view, select a work plane in the drawing area of the conceptual design environment.
Click Home tab-Draw panel- (Point Element).
Click Modify | Lines-Draw panel - (Draw on Work Plane).