PDA

View Full Version : Sweep meets roof problem

alkyon
2012-03-08, 10:13 AM
Hello everyone this is my first post in the forum so I'll try to do my best!
I've created a sweep that acts as a metal panel.Problem is when it meets the roof face there is a bit coming out.Is there any way to make the roof face cut that part of the sweep which is not needed

thank you in advance

mthurnauer
2012-03-08, 11:46 AM
You really should not model wall panels as sweeps. You are adding unnecessary complexity. The recommended way would be to have your wall panel layer in the wall assembly have a surface pattern of vertical lines and when you cut plan details to use a detail component to show the actual panel profile. If you work for a company that is doing panel shop drawings then maybe you might do this? And if that is the case, then I would model the panels not as a sweep, but a custom panel family which might have a height parameter and top edge angle.

alkyon
2012-03-08, 12:01 PM
You really should not model wall panels as sweeps. You are adding unnecessary complexity. The recommended way would be to have your wall panel layer in the wall assembly have a surface pattern of vertical lines and when you cut plan details to use a detail component to show the actual panel profile. If you work for a company that is doing panel shop drawings then maybe you might do this? And if that is the case, then I would model the panels not as a sweep, but a custom panel family which might have a height parameter and top edge angle.
Thank you for your quick reply! well it is basically for a visualization model in 3ds and thought that by doing so it would give more detail.But I see what you mean.I obviously spend more time with this procedure and I can't believe I didn't go with the panel option as you have suggested! I feel very stupid now. Again thank you for your response!

alkyon
2012-03-08, 12:08 PM
Here is what I 've done so far using this stupid method of mine