PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Revit.exe - No disk in drive

patricks
2012-03-09, 02:34 PM
I noticed recently when opening my current project file (open Central which creates new Local) that it throws up an error before opening the file: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR3." with options to Cancel, Try Again, or Continue. Cancel or Continue both seem to do the same thing, the file continues to open with all attached consultant Revit files.

So I tried opening each consultant file (detached), and found the MEP file to throw up the same error while opening. I know for a fact that my mechanical consultant has no such device\harddisk3\dr3 server/file path in their office, so why would this be happening?

There have been a couple of instances on this project where the MEP file uploaded to our FTP was corrupt, and we had to get them to upload another file. Could this also be some sort of file corruption?

A Google search shows that this sometimes happens when the system thinks there is media attached as "Disk 3" in Disk Management, but for my system, my Disks 1-4 are just my flash drive media slots. Disk 0 is the main HDD and then there's the DVD-ROM drive. This issue only happens on the Revit MEP file for this project. Could it be some issue over at their office?

patricks
2012-03-09, 03:42 PM
I think I see what the issue is, but not sure how to fix it. It appears that the MEP file is stored on Drive G in the engineer's office. So now whenever the file is opened at our office (or our file opened with their file linked in), that error shows up if the machine in our office also has a Drive G. 2 machines running Revit in our office have a Drive G assigned to one of the 4 flash media reader slots - the SM/xd card slot on my machine (which I have never used) and the CF card slot on my boss's machine.

So the question is, what is the fix? It's really just an annoyance really, as the files and links don't seem to be affected after opening. However the structural and electrical Revit files don't do this, why just the Mechanical file?

patricks
2012-03-13, 02:43 PM
If the links in the MEP file are removed, the issue goes away. This doesn't make sense, though, since we all have various files linked in as Overlay, with link paths all set to Relative, yet this one MEP file is the only one that has given us trouble.