PDA

View Full Version : PaperSpace Osnap Dim

designcadd
2005-01-25, 11:40 PM
I am on my elevation sheet in paperspace dimensioning the front view of my home. Something the dim will not pick up ( OSnap ) to the corner of a window or door, etc and something it does just fine. Any thoughts on this.

Steve_Bennett
2005-01-26, 02:13 AM
I recall having a similar problem when I first got into ADT. What I found was that Osnap likes to jump to the baseline of an object first. If you zoom in closer to the point you desire to dimension, Osnap will usually work. It's irritating at first, but I got used to it. I have to say that I would of had a major complaint about this if I didn't have a scroll button on my mouse to zoom in/out.

designcadd
2005-01-26, 03:40 PM
Have you ever had the problem of dimensioning something right and then your next dimensioned says it 48 times longer. I can dimension the other side of what I just dimension right and the other side says something much longer.

Steve_Bennett
2005-01-26, 03:53 PM
Have you ever had the problem of dimensioning something right and then your next dimensioned says it 48 times longer. I can dimension the other side of what I just dimension right and the other side says something much longer.
I'm not sure, but if for some reason the dim picks 2 points which are not parallel, that might cause. Otherwise, I'm not sure on that one.