PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR DIRECTION

oLDsCHOOL
2012-03-10, 11:25 PM
I am not sure how to go about creating the half round fringe on the curved portion of the canopy. I used a void extusion on the horizontal face to cut the red. The canopy is made up of a sweep for the straight section and a revolve for the ends. It is a modeled in place ceiling family. I ultimately would like to have the fringe all the way around and have it colored red and white 1' stripes. Any suggestions to acheive this even if I have to scrap what I have done, would be appreciated.

see attached84685

Mike Sealander
2012-03-11, 09:34 PM
You might try creating the whole canopy as a generic model family, and have the fringe be a nested generic model that gets arrayed. Array it once for each curved portion, and once for the straight run.

oLDsCHOOL
2012-03-13, 03:42 AM
I will give that a try mike and post how it comes out.

Thank you.

LP Design
2012-03-29, 07:05 PM
Just import directly from Sketchup. Unless you are using this design for Revit practice, in which case please disregard my comment. But if you are really designing this project in Revit then I wouldn't try to re-model all of that geometry. Keep in mind the "I" in BIM. For constructability purposes that canopy is one item and will be bid as such. A single family based on imported geometry can contain all the pertinent information necessary to build it.

Just my $0.02,
-LP

sbrown
2012-03-29, 08:45 PM
I've made similiar pieces before, Create one fin then nest it into a host family and polar array it.

MikeJarosz
2012-03-29, 09:04 PM
Dear oLD sCHOOL:

Turn your caps lock off. You're not in Acad anymore. :lol: