PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Stair tread material

sdeyo
2012-03-12, 05:40 PM
new at this Revit stair thing... so bear with me.

We have a stair that we want to have the surface visible in a floor finish plan. we set the tread and riser material to want is needed. except it doesn't show in any plan views. it is visible in a 3D view though. what am i doing wrong? or what do i need to change?

thanks for any help!

damon.sidel
2012-03-12, 07:37 PM
Could you post a screenshot of the material settings? Are you using a surface pattern in the material or are you using a bitmap for a rendered material look? Is the surface pattern a draft or model pattern? If it is a draft pattern, then the scale of the pattern and the scale of the plan drawing may be such that the pattern is too big to see. If a model pattern, try zooming way because it may be too fine-grained. If none of those, I don't know... I'd have to see some pictures.

sdeyo
2012-03-12, 08:46 PM
see my screenshots. the surface pattern is using a material that is a model pattern. i tried the zooming in and now is still not visible. thanks for any help.

damon.sidel
2012-03-13, 04:13 PM
Hmm, just did a quick test based on what you say you are doing. I created a material with a surface model pattern. Nothing in plan, see it in 3D. Tried it with a drafting pattern. Same result. I verified that the material is applied correctly by changing the rendered appearance and switching my plan view to "Realistic". Coarse, medium, and fine levels of detail don't change the view. And a final note: you are showing a stair from the top down. I thought it might be stair-specific since the view range effects stairs differently, so I tried it on a multistory stair and I tried adjusting the view range. Neither had an effect.

My conclusion is that surface patterns are not displayed on stairs. That may not be the case, but that's the conclusion I'm drawing. Sorry I couldn't be more help.