PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to see project and true elevations st the same time in a project?

StephenJ
2012-03-12, 07:51 PM
I am trying to find out if it is possible to show the project and true elevation in a project on sections and elevations?

For example my first floor is 0'-0" but its true elevations is 500'-0" so I would like to have it read: First Floor 0'-0" (500.00')

The 500.00' could be displayed as 500'-0" also, which ever is easier. Thanks

Alfredo Medina
2012-03-13, 12:46 AM
I don't think there is an automatic, easy way to do that. You could place spot elevations at the levels, using "shared" as origin, but you would have to do that in every elevation and section; not very Revit. :)

damon.sidel
2012-03-13, 04:02 PM
I looked into it and I couldn't find a way. Further confirmation, but certainly not a final answer... there is often a way.

SamuelAB
2012-03-14, 03:09 PM
Have you tried using a parameter with a formula?

For example the elevation tag could show "Elevation" and ("Elevation + 500) where "Elevation + 500" refers to a formula parameter.

StephenJ
2012-03-14, 03:33 PM
Have you tried using a parameter with a formula?

For example the elevation tag could show "Elevation" and ("Elevation + 500) where "Elevation + 500" refers to a formula parameter.

I will have to look into that.

Steve_Stafford
2012-03-16, 05:31 PM
Funny timing, got an email asking the same thing the other day so I wrote a blog pos (http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2012/03/revit-level-elevations-project-and.html)t about it.

The answer is "no, not automatically". There are workarounds but not without some potentially uncomfortable ramifications. Either you add spot elevations, create additional levels or add "dumb" text to the annotation. I've even considered using a linked file.

I prefer spot elevations, lacking a better solution. Another possible solution is to show the true elevation for the ground floor level and use a different level type to show project elevation for the others above. You could also show true elevations and let dimensions show the floor to floor values instead.