PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Revit Architecture to Robot Structural Analysis

damon.sidel
2012-03-14, 02:58 PM
Does anybody know if you can go directly from Revit Architecture to Robot Structural Analysis? I know that Revit Structure to Robot is the typical workflow, but I have a structural engineer who doesn't have Revit Structure, just Robot. And I only have Revit Architecture. My initial searches haven't come up with any definitive answer.

david_peterson
2012-03-14, 06:30 PM
You would need to be able to install the extension tool in order to do this.
I'm not sure you can do it from anything but Revit Structure.
As to why, the answer is simple, marketing. If they didn't make you have a need to buy the structural package, nobody would have.
They run on the same platform, but the difference between the 3 packages are the tools available for that package.

damon.sidel
2012-03-14, 07:30 PM
Bummer. I found the extensions... for Revit Architecture, thinking it might work. Doesn't have the right tools. So I guess the extensions for Structures is a different thing.

Thank you for confirming what I was beginning to suspect.

david_peterson
2012-03-14, 07:52 PM
yes, there are additional extensions for structural.
but I'm wondering if you can install them.
Since the software is all based on the same platform, one would tend to think that it may be possible. I'm still not sure that it works, but you could try to download the structural extensions and see what happens.
Just a thought.

damon.sidel
2012-03-15, 12:31 AM
I don't seem to have access to the structural extensions through my subscriptions because we don't have a copy of structure. Is there a way to get the extension for structure some other way or is it only for subscribers who have it?