PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Incorrect wall cut graphics in 2 plan views

patricks
2012-03-20, 09:36 PM
Having an issue with a wall that has two horizontal split boundaries in the wall type, with a different material in the middle section to create a horizontal stripe along the wall.

When I added the stripe, the wall's cut graphics in two views changed to solid white. One view is set to Medium and the other to Coarse but it shows a solid white cut pattern in both views. All other plan views show this wall correctly, it's only these 2 views.

I discovered the issue to be a plan region in those 2 views, which was aligned with the outer face of the wall in question. As soon as I pulled the plan region away, the wall showed up correctly.

Why would this happen, and why only when I added the split lines and material to the wall type? The split regions and stripe are far above the view's primary view range as well as the plan region's view range. So why the cut graphics change like that?

antman
2012-11-20, 07:55 PM
Patrick, did you ever find a solution to this? I am running into a similar issue. I also found that if I delete the plan region the problem persists, but if I adjust the plan region so it doesn't land in the middle of the wall everything looks fine.

I don't have any split regions, but I do have a wall sweep that cuts into the wall above.

cliff collins
2012-11-20, 08:00 PM
Walls under a certain height ( 6'-0 " ? ) show as blank when cut. Perhaps the horizontal split is in that height range? This might explain the odd Plan Region behavior as well.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User's_Guide/1394-Document1394/1549-Use_and_1549/1616-View_Set1616/1630-View_Ran1630

antman
2012-11-20, 08:28 PM
In my case, the wall is over 14' high, and I just realized I have sweeps at 0', 1'-8", and 8'. The wall is still showing cut, just incorrectly. It's not even representing the condition at the sweeps. The cut fill pattern is displayed even.