PDA

View Full Version : Tag elevated surface area

buzzer1001
2012-03-21, 08:48 PM
I'm doing signage panel elevations for Council approval, and I need to call off the elevated panel area. I've created a Generic Model family for the different types of panels, but can't figure out how to call off the area.

Ideas?

cliff collins
2012-03-21, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately you cannot schedule Generic Models, but you CAN create a Material Takeoff Schedule
of Generic Models.

View>Schedule>Material Takeoff.

Select Generic Models category.

Add Field for Material:Area

Under Formatting, select Material: Area and check Calculate totals.

Open the Generic Model Family, and assign a Material to it.

Do this for each sign family.

This should schedule all of your sign areas.

Another option might be to open the generic model families and change their category to something elese such as Specialty Equipment. This way they would Schedule properly for quantities, etc.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Steve_Stafford
2012-03-22, 01:58 AM
Generic Model families CAN be scheduled, you just don't have a separate category you can select in the schedule category selection list. You have to use a Multi-Category schedule. This means you'll get a lot of other families too! You need to use a specific naming strategy so you can filter out all unrelated families.

If you want to show the area for each sign you need to create a parameter that can calculate it in the family or at least enter a value for each one. Use a Shared Parameter for it so it could be tagged in the project too, if necessary.