PDA

View Full Version : Selection in elevation.

dennisng
2012-03-22, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone,

In elevation view I'd like to select a bunch of windows that I see in elevation. but when I select them it also selects items in the background. How do I stop this? Is there a modifier key or something? It's really frustrating and I understand at times there are opportunities where this is useful.

Thanks.
D

cliff collins
2012-03-22, 07:48 PM
You can:

1. Use the Selection Filter ( hour glass looking icon at the bottom right area of the screen ) to uncheck everything except windows.

2. Click on one window, right-click and "select all instances in view"

3. Click on a window, use the "sunglasses" tool at the bottom of the screen, and pick "isolate category"
and then select your windows--be sure to set it back afterwards.

dennisng
2012-03-23, 12:13 AM
Thank!

Though this really makes me think that revit engineers are engineers rather than architects or designers. I'm finding revit is just not intuitive. I think auto desk and the revit team should take some cues from modern software design.

Uggghhh.

You can:

1. Use the Selection Filter ( hour glass looking icon at the bottom right area of the screen ) to uncheck everything except windows.

2. Click on one window, right-click and "select all instances in view"

3. Click on a window, use the "sunglasses" tool at the bottom of the screen, and pick "isolate category"
and then select your windows--be sure to set it back afterwards.

cliff collins
2012-03-23, 01:18 PM
What exactly are you asking for?

Please give specific examples, from "modern software" packages that you have used where such selection tools are much better.

This way, we can place your request on the Wishlist and in Beta Testing Forums for future releases.

cheers!