PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Sketch floor on work plane

Bryan Thatcher
2012-03-22, 08:13 PM
I have created floors before by setting a reference place and sketching it there. I opened up an older project to check, thought I was going crazy. So why am I getting errors when I try yo do that now? Thanks.

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-03-22, 08:23 PM
A floor sketch can only be created on a level datum. In the older project are you sure the floor was not created as an in-place family?
Why can't you use a level datum for this?

Bryan Thatcher
2012-03-23, 01:38 PM
I definitely was able to create a floor slab on a non-level reference plane. I received the error last time when I tried to create a second one on the same plane. I want to do it because it is easier and made more scene that messing around with the slope arrow. Sketching a floor slab (roof) on a level and giving it an offset then converting the roof slope to an angle is cumbersome. I had been able to create in on a reference place then simply move or rotate the plane if necessary. Something happened or has changed that i'm unable to do that. Frustrating.

cliff collins
2012-03-23, 02:15 PM
Just a thought:

Could you create the floor (Roof?) using by Extrusion, along a sloped ref. plane is section/elevation?

cheers

Bryan Thatcher
2012-03-23, 02:37 PM
The roof is composite desk with concrete, It shows up how we want it section. I would really like to know why I cant create a floor on a reference place anymore?