PDA

View Full Version : Generic model hosted by lowest level when copied/arrayed

patricks
2012-03-23, 03:12 PM
I have a generic model that I need to copy many times down a wall. I set the first one, hosted by the finish floor level, and set the elevation. Then when I copy or array it down the wall, the subsequent copies end up as being hosted by the lowest level in the project, with an elevation offset that puts them in the correct location. The problem is that when I need to change the elevation of all of them down the wall, I need them to all be hosted by the correct floor level.

Not sure why this is happening today, because I was copying the same family around the building a couple of days ago and this wasn't happening. All those copies were/are hosted by the correct floor level.

The same thing happens no matter if I copy/array the family in elevation, plan, 3D view or whatever.

And why can't you change the host level of a wall-hosted generic family directly anyway? You have to rehost it or copy/paste aligned to a different level if you want to change the hose level. That has always annoyed the heck out of me.