PDA

View Full Version : quick question for the door in curtain system

utakecare2003
2012-03-27, 05:13 PM
Just realized the doors in the curtain system does not associate to level so on the door schedule, they are not grouped together w/ other doors on the same level.
What is the way to fix it?
thanks
utc

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-03-27, 05:57 PM
The doors will be associated with the level of the curtain wall itself. The wall base constraint. If your curtain wall spans multiple levels then you won't be able to automatically schedule doors based on level.
Are your curtain walls modeled across multiple levels?

utakecare2003
2012-03-27, 06:43 PM
oh, that is the curtain system i created by face of a mass. it is a curved w/ sloped top curtain wall and it does cross 3+ levels. I do not want to slip the whole curtain to each level then I have to worry about mullion aligning issue.

The doors will be associated with the level of the curtain wall itself. The wall base constraint. If your curtain wall spans multiple levels then you won't be able to automatically schedule doors based on level.
Are your curtain walls modeled across multiple levels?

JohnCAVogt
2012-03-27, 07:22 PM
replace the panel with a basic wall and put a basic door into it - I believe that comes out on the proper level

utakecare2003
2012-03-27, 08:54 PM
Thanks.
I have another question about the door type legend, when I use the legend component for curtain doors, it only give me choices of host length. It shows as a square. Why cannot I change the height? How should I work around?
thanks
utc

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-03-27, 09:15 PM
This is a current limitation of the legend view. No method to automatically control this that I am aware of. Workarounds are pretty much limited to 'graphics' as opposed to smart objects.

utakecare2003
2012-03-27, 11:00 PM
thank you ;-)