PDA

View Full Version : Which Logitech mouse for Revit?

raymondjdawson925863
2012-03-28, 11:19 PM
Any suggestions on which mouse to use in Revit. I like logitech. How many buttons on the mouse are needed? I have a friend who is an auto cad guy and wants as many buttons as possible. Do logitch mice work well in Revit? I have read a few reviews where people have indicated they had problems.
Thanks

MikeJarosz
2012-03-29, 09:35 PM
The one that comes free with the computer!

I'm working on a Dell Precision T3500 64 bit with two screens. It came with a Logitech M110 and I have not had a problem in nearly two years.

Limbatus
2012-03-29, 10:58 PM
I bought a G9x a couple weeks ago and i love it. Its much more sensitive than my previous Microsoft mouse. There is a convenient button right next to the left click button which controls the mouse DPI. The scroll wheel has a ratchet, and free spin setting which is nice depending on how you are using it. i like the fact that it has an adjustable weight. I made mine as heavy as possible. I've used razrs in the past, and liked them, but for my needs, the g9x is a great mouse.

gbrowne
2012-03-30, 10:41 AM
I'd have to say 'any mouse you like'. Just use one you like the feel of. 2 buttons is plenty. Generally speaking, the best thing about Revit is that it isn't AutoCAD! Thinking about it, its funny that its called 'AutoCAD', because there is virtually nothing Auto about it... ;-)

Daniel de Reus
2012-03-30, 04:54 PM
Get either the or the G9x or the G700. Both have the option to create custom macro's and automatically switch profiles depending on the application you are in. Can't imagine working without that. Personally I would get the G9x, it has very nice ergonomics and is lighter than the g700 (which is too heavy to be really precise) plus it's weight can be customized.

damon.sidel
2012-03-30, 05:12 PM
daniel,

What do you use the macros and profiles for? I've always used a very basic mouse. In fact, over the past 10 years, I've continued to search out and buy the Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical because it just feels right to me. I'm sure there are great uses for a more sophisticated mouse and I'd be interested to hear what functionality people find makes a mouse better.

jsteinhauer
2012-03-30, 07:12 PM
Evoluent Vertical Mouse. More ergonomic, and has 4 buttons + scroll wheel you can set to your liking by application. I was having hand/forearm issues with the standard mouse, and this helped. Problem is you have to buy a hand specific mouse. You can't switch hands when RSI's kick up. I also have a Logitech wireless touchpad. Good for non-Revit uses, web pages, PDF's and the like.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

patricks
2012-03-30, 09:08 PM
I just purchased a new Logitech cordless mouse/keyboard combo a few months ago since the setup I had been using for several years finally konked out. I got the combo with the K350 keyboard and M510 mouse. The mouse has a great feel to it, and I love the feel of the forward/back buttons next to my thumb (always use those now when internet browsing). Keyboard has a very nice feel including the wrist rest. It also has a PC Power button that I have mapped to the Log Off function which is quite convenient. The mouse scroll/zoom wheel has the click stops, but it's quiet. I can't stand smooth scroll wheels, but also hate the loud clicking of the scroll wheel that my old one used to make. It got quite annoying with the frequent zooming in Revit.

One of the best features is that both the mouse and keyboard have on/off switches, but they also go into a "standby" mode after a period of inactivity that makes the batteries last a VERY long time. I used to get 2 weeks tops on a pair of Duracell rechargeable batteries, but now those same batteries have been in this mouse and keyboard since I purchased it probably 6 months ago. They claim 3 year battery life.

thomas.denney836893
2015-04-24, 11:48 AM
G9X??? Seriously??? Who pays $250.00 for a mouse? That's about what I found it for on amazon right now.

mburke.54112
2015-04-27, 02:38 PM
I also have the Logitech M510 & have had zero issues with AutoCAD & Revit (2012 thru 2015). It's a 5-button mouse which the middle button is a scroll wheel, has great battery life & an on/off switch. Love the two side buttons near the top of the mouse.

rbcameron1
2015-04-27, 06:12 PM
MX1100 mouse and wave keyboard combo. I have three of these. Two at home and one at work. Consistency is key, right? NO, it is not a $250 mouse even if amazon says it is. I got it as a combo for about $100 and have the receipts to prove it. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-1100-Cordless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B001DJ64C0

I love the recharge-able-ness of them. ;)

patricks
2015-04-27, 07:36 PM
I love my K350 and M510 combo so much that I got the same setup for home. We also have 3 other people in the office using the same setup.